Sunday, January 23, 2011

love is a strange thing

Love is a Strange Thingsitting at home,
everything is fine,
as the days pass by
one by one,
some long, some slow;
I talk to myself quiet and low,
elegies of my heart and soul…
a shiver, a sigh, soft words whispered in the dark,
my senses are mixed already, unable to differentiate
between a sound or a smell or a touch or a taste;
I keep dreaming of a time,
my fingers intertwined
with you, an everlasting
joy of time, heart skipping
a beat here and there;
as I sit here
thinking sweet thoughts of you
lustful images make my heart
palpitate uncontrollably;
trembling uncontrollably
the heat continues to rise
as I close my eyes and see
you standing before me;
I open up my eyes to find
that you are nowhere around
I feel a wave of sadness
crash upon the shores of my heart;
As i lie here obsessed with the thought of you,
hoping it will all be over soon and,
waiting patiently for the day
when I can hold you in my arms

No comments:

Post a Comment